THE FRESHMAN EXPERIENCE
The Center for Undergraduate Studies engages students in making informed decisions regarding their educational, career and life goals, related to their major of choice.
Evelyn Syphax School of Education
Sydney Lewis School of Business
The School of Math, Science, & Technology
The School of Humanities & Social Science
Click here to find your academic advisor.
PANTHER P.A.L.S. (Peer Advisory Leadership Students)
Are you outgoing, and academically successful? The Center for Undergraduate Studies is looking for students who are interested in becoming a mentor, coach, “big brother” or “big sister” or a friend to freshmen and/or transfer students.
Click Here to complete an application
• Have completed at least 12 credit hours at VUU with a minimum 2.5 GPA
• A recommendation letter from one faculty or staff member
• Successfully completed the P.A.L. Orientation & Training Session
• Provide an environment that encourages active involvement in the academic life of the campus.
• Provide opportunities for students to understand the value of academic challenge and success through dialogue with upper classmen
• Assist in promoting campus pride and cohesiveness among students.
Why become a P.A.L.
• Develop relationships with new students on campus
• Provide service to the university
• Develop leadership skills and abilities