Virginia Union University Teacher Licensure Program - Weekend College
The Department of Teacher Education offers courses required for endorsements in licensure areas as approved by the Commonwealth of Virginia. The endorsement areas are:
|Elementary Education – grades Pre-K - 6
Secondary Education – grades 6 - 12
Special Education – grades Pre-K - 12
Admission and Enrollment Information
All Candidates Must:
- Possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree with a major appropriate for the proposed area of the teaching license.
- Have an undergraduate G.P.A of at least 2.5 cumulative on a 4.0 scale.
- Have no criminal record.
- Submit undergraduate transcript(s) to the Department of Teacher Education for evaluation. If you attended school overseas, you must have an official translation by the World Education Services, Inc. (www.wes.org).
- Submit an application for admission.
- Earn passing scores on all assessments required by the Virginia Department of Education.
Fall 2017 Course Schedule
For further information on course offerings, please contact us at: 804-257-5741
Thanks for your interest in the Department of Teacher Education course offerings.
Click here for admissions information