Data Entry Specialist
(Enrollment Management Specialist)
Assistant Director of Enrollment Management
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Data Entry Specialist works closely with the VUU family, local and national school officials and other higher education institutions, as appropriate, for the recruitment of a diverse student population.
- Adheres to VUU policies and procedures especially confidentiality, travel and procurement
- Creates and implements strategies as outlined in the Enrollment Management strategic plan
- Determines best method for tracking data
- Distributes campus mail daily
- Initiates, plans, and executes special projects in conjunction with the goals and objectives
- Evaluates program effectiveness, assesses outcomes and develops improved programming to achieve goals, complete cost analyses for programs/events
- Collects and analyzes information from various sources such as Royall, Edu.com, on-line, etc.
- Creates permanent records for each student applying for admissions
- Inputs data accurately and expeditiously for all interested applicants
- Reviews applications, evaluates credentials and makes enrollment decisions
- Completes files by matching the data received to existing documentation
- Codes and maintains accurate student profile
- Maintains daily count of application activities
- Perform daily procedures for ALL applicants
- Identifies potential student who qualify for and are interested in attending the University
- Covers front office area in the absence of the Administrative Assistant
- Able to lift 15 pounds from floor level to chest, and stoop, walk, stand, and climb for prolonged periods of time
- Work in all-weather elements such as rain, heat, or snow
- Participates in weekend events as necessary
- Participates on VUU and Community committees as needed
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. A valid driver’s license is required. Experience working in enrollment management in a collegiate setting with undergraduate students is desirable.
The selected candidate may be required to submit to a background investigation. VUU is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative-Action Institution committed to cultural, racial, and ethnic communities and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Review of candidate materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications should include a resume with three references and a cover letter. Inquiries and applicants should be directed to: Virginia Union University, Director, Human Resources, 1500 N. Lombardy St., Richmond, VA 23220, or e-mailed to Resumes@vuu.edu
. Please call (804) 257-5834, if any questions.