Page Header

Order Transcript

P: 800-368-3227    E:

The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA)

FERPA protects student rights regarding educational records maintained by educational institutions. In accordance with FERPA, Union will not release transcript information regarding any student without the consent of the student. Some institutions may not accept electronic transcripts. It is your responsibility to check with the receiving the institution to ensure acceptance of electronic transcripts. You can attach required documents such as (Law School or Nursing School forms) with your transcript request utilizing the attachment feature in Parchment.

You may submit your online request for an official transcript from the Registrar’s office by clicking here Parchment Request. Virginia Union University® will be using Parchment for the processing of all official electronic and paper transcripts. If you have a hold or financial obligation to the University, your transcript will not be released.

Instructions for an unofficial transcript request :

  • Login at myVUU
  • Select (Students) across the top menu bar
  • Click on View Unofficial Transcript

If you are unable to login at myVUU, contact the Registrar's office via with your request to recieve your unofficial transcript. Please also include your contact phone number, full name (when attended), and date of birth.


Electronic Transcripts / Parchment Request $10.00, Paper Transcripts (including those picked up) $12.50, Expedited Shipping (Domestic) $30.00 and (International) $55.00

(FAQs) Frequently Asked Questions

I already have an account with Parchment with a different school, do I need to create a new account to request my transcript with Virginia Union?

No, the system will recognize your account based on the email that you used when you created your account.

How long will it take to process my request?

Transcripts will be processed within 5-7 business days. Please allow for additional time during peak registration periods or when the campus is closed.

How do I send my transcripts to a person or a place (not a school)? Or to a school that does not come up in your system when I search for it?

You can use the ‘Other Organization’ or ‘Other Individual’ option to manually enter the destination address.

Registrar's Office

Ellison Hall #106, Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday