The Freshman Experience
Initiative and Requirements
The Freshmen Experience initiative will bring an innovative, approach to student life that will provide a holistic academic experience that will acclimate students to the college environment and ultimately build the foundation for academic success. The freshmen experience is mandatory for all first time freshmen. The freshmen college requirements are as follows but are not limited to:
- Completion of General Studies course that corresponds with the students major.
- Attend a minimum of two Academic Student Engagement Sessions hosted by the Center for Student Success.
- Complete two mandatory check-ins with the Freshmen Experience Coordinator
- Complete four mandatory sessions with Freshmen Advisor
- Attend all Freshmen Experience workshops, i.e. (A Different World Series)
- 20 USE credits will be awarded to each student that attends the complete Freshmen Experience workshop series each semester the series is offered.