Office of Inclusive Learning

What is the Office Inclusive Learning Services?

The Office of Inclusive Learning Services ensures that VUU Panthers with disabilities/learning differences have equal access to campus resources to ensure their academic success.

If I had a learning accommodation in high school, am I required to disclose this information to the University?

Students are not required to disclose their disability to the University. However, if you are a student seeking accommodations, you must make a formal request from the Office of Inclusive Learning as early as possible. Doing so will allow the University enough time to review your request and provide appropriate accommodation(s). (https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/transition.html)

What documentation will I need to support my request for accommodations?

The VUU Office of Inclusive Learning may require the following documentation:

  • A copy of your Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or a 504 plan

  • For medical or physical conditions, documentation a physician that clearly indicates the diagnosis

  • Explanation of how the disability and the recommended accommodations are linked (emphasizing those that are school-based accommodations and strategies that the student should utilize on their own).

  • Completed copy of the “Request for Accommodations Form”. 

Please visit Dr. Carleitta Paige-Anderson in the University College located on the second floor of the L. Douglas Wilder Library or contact her via email at CLPaige@vuu.edu for more specific questions.

Note: All student requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.


Dr. Carleitta Paige-Anderson




University College
L. Douglas Wilder Library, 2nd Floor