The following information about Virginia Union University Alumni Relations programs, its donors and prospects, shall not be shared with non-employees of the University:
- Personally identifiable information about faculty, employees, students, parents.
- Information on donors and prospects such as:
- lists of names, addresses and phone numbers
- giving interests
- gift club memberships
giving categories and other relevant materials
- giving history and interests
As a volunteer representing Virginia Union University, I understand and agree to the following:
- I am provided with this information in strict confidence to enable me to perform my functions as a volunteer.
- I will not share this information outside of the circle of University Alumni Relations or Advancement employees and volunteers acting on behalf of Virginia Union University.
- I will ensure the information I receive is kept safe and secure from any unauthorized access, which includes preventing access to my computer files, paper files or other media which contain Virginia Union University data.
- When my status as a volunteer is inactive, I will destroy all electronic copies and shred all paper copies of the data I have received.