In an effort to further encourage faculty input, engagement, and faculty leadership development, Provost and Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs, Dr. Terrell Strayhorn, is happy to announce the appointment of Dr. Karl Jackson and Dr. Tim Wenzell as Faculty Development Fellows within the Division of Academic Affairs.
As Faculty Development Fellows, Drs. Jackson and Wenzell will help lead the implementation of a Faculty Development Initiative (FDI), through efforts like:
- Facilitation and distribution of resources to support faculty engagement in research, teaching effectiveness, conferences, and professional service;
- Coordination of roundtable, brown bag, and/or virtual discussions on pedagogy, high-impact teaching practices, research, scholarship, and related faculty activities;
- Trainings, workshops, webinars, and/or meetings, as needed, to support the development of faculty skills and abilities in key areas such as assessment, student learning, evaluation, innovative teaching, online instruction, and engaged scholarship;
- Coordination and expansion of new faculty orientation, in partnership with Academic Affairs, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Deans, into a more comprehensive on-boarding experience to include modules on technology, teaching effectiveness, advising, and becoming part of the VUU community;
- Serving as a campus resource for teaching, research, outreach, and faculty/academic staff development, among others.
Meet this year's Faculty Development Fellows: