Virtual Meeting Spaces Guidelines
The following guidelines are intended to create an atmosphere where anonymity is protected, intimacy and vulnerability feels safe, and discussions can happen fluidly.
- During meetings, plan to be alone or utilize headphones to protect others anonymity and private conversations.
- Reduce noise around you and place your microphone on MUTE if you’re not sharing or talking.
Pay attention to your background to not be distracting to other meeting attendees.
- Minimize distractions by not multitasking during the meetings(i.e. Having other social media windows open). Try to give your community members your undivided attention.
- Make sure to continue attending the meeting before the meeting and staying after the allotted time. This remains the best time to strengthen relationships with your fellow community members.
- An audio and visual presence is encouraged if possible.
- As going around the circle to determine who shares next is not always feasible, “pass the virtual talking stick” style meetings are encouraged.